The court session was held on Wednesday 27th December 2017 at 11:30 AM before Justice/ Abdeen Hamid Dhahi at Khartoum North court, all parties were present. After the session, the judge adjourned court to 10th January 2018.
Summary of the court session
The Court session started at 11:30 AM (Sudan local time) before judge/ Abdeen Hamid Dhahi. In attendance were the investigator, prosecutor, defendants, the panel of lawyers and the general public.
This session was a continuation of hearing testimonies from the accusing witnesses. Four other witnesses delivered their testimonies as they were cross-examined by the court prosecutor and lawyers from both panels. These witnesses were at the scene of the incident (attack) at Al-Sanadra and their names are;
- The fourth accusing witness is Abduelraheem Adam Aljak, 40 years of age, farmer and a resident of Al-Sanadra. He is an eyewitness of the killing (murder) of two people (one of them being his brother) and he recognized the killer.
- The fifth accusing witness is Adam Senada Ahmed Alaati, 38 years, farmer and a resident of Al-Sanadra.
- The sixth accusing witness is Yousif Ahmed Mukhtar, 33 years, farmer and a resident of Al-Sanadra;
- The seventh accusing witness is Nourein Adam Mohammed Zain, 28 years, farmer and a resident of Al-Sanadra. He witnessed the killing/murder.
The witnesses recognized some of the defendants to have been part of the attackers who killed people. The summarized conclusion of their testimonies and cross-examination;
- The number of the attackers ranged between 100 and 150 people, some of them were dressed in PDF uniform and others in civilian attire. They came on motorbikes and others were walking.
- There was a machine gun used at the end of the attack.
- There was looting of some shops during the attack and more than two hundred sheep were taken.
- The duration of the attack was approximately one and half hours (1:30 hrs.).
- All the victims were not armed.
- The witnesses recognized eleven (11) attackers of which nine (9) were among the defendants before court. These are; Al-sadiq Mohammed Rahma, Bardab Mohammed Abakar, Osman Mohammed Osman, Ahmed Abdelgadir Salah, Abdelraheem Abdelgadir Salah, Alzaki Saleh, Hamid Almanzol, Abakar Fadelmowla and Mohmmed Nasreldin Daoud.
- No SPLA-N member at Al-Sanadra village.
By end of the session, the judge adjournment court to 10th January 2018 at 11:00 AM for further hearing of testimonies from the accusing witnesses.
HUDO urges all the concerned, especially:
- The Sudan court to conduct the trial fairly
- The activists and defendants’ supporters to keep on attending court sessions
- The diplomatic missions and embassies to observe the court sessions
- The Sudan and international media to give full coverage for the court
For any further information please write to email@example.com