Update (3) COURT TRIAL OF AL-SANADRA CASE
The fourth (4th) court session which was scheduled for 18th October 2017 at Khartoum North court was postponed to unknown date until a verdict from the court of appeal is made. The military’s legal consultant had earlier appealed the court order.
The fourth (4th) court session scheduled for 18th October 2017 was not held/ conducted. This was because, the military’s legal consultant had challenged and appealed the court order of “confining the two soldiers among the defendants in Kober prison” The Khartoum North court will continue with the trial after receiving the decision/verdict from Court of Appeal.
- The defendant/ Abdelraheem Abdelgadir Salah Mohammed, who was missing (not present) in the previous 3rd court session joined the other defendants at Kober prison. HUDO was reliably informed that, Mohammed was permitted by the PDF camp where he was detained to attend a personal business in Al-Abbasiya and after he came back and joined the others.
- The defendant/ Hassan Abdelfadeil Nematalla (the name shall be verified when he attend to the court) who disappeared since the opening of the case had been caught in Al-Abbasiya and he is expected to be transferred to Khartoum and join the rest of the defendants.
HUDO urges all the concerned, especially:
- The Sudan court to conduct the trial fairly
- The diplomatic missions and embassies to observe the court sessions
- The activists and defendants’ supporters to keep on attending court sessions
- The Sudan and international media to give full coverage for the court
For any further information please write to firstname.lastname@example.org