Update (5) COURT TRIAL OF NISS/SUDAN AGAINST PASTORS AND ACTIVIST
The sixth (6th) court proceedings started at 12:45 pm on 21st September 2016 and the hearing was before Justice Dr. Osama M. Abdalla. The Judge adjourned the session to 26th September 2016 after the request by the first defendant’s lawyer because the translator was not in the court.
Summary of the court session
The session was presided over by Justice Dr. Osama M. Abdalla at Khartoum Centre Court. Soon after the beginning of the session, the judge inquired about the absence of the translator and whether the session should continue. The investigator/ prosecutor stated that the session should go on and that he was going to display three videos concerning the first defendant. The first defendant’s lawyer objected that the court session should not proceed with the absence of the translator and requested for the adjournment. The judge granted his request and adjourned court to 26th September 2016 at 12:00 pm.
- Some diplomats attended.
- The number of lawyers who attended was low as well as the prosecutor panel.
- The presence of security/ police within and around court was not as before.
- HUDO urges the Sudan court to conduct this trial fairly.
- We urge all the diplomatic missions and embassies to continue attend the court sessions.
- We call upon the activists and defendants’ supporters to keep on attending the trial.
For any further information please write to