UPDATE ON THE ARREST OF THREE PEOPLE INCLUDING AN ELDERLY MAN IN Al-ABBASIYA, SUDAN
On 2nd July 2016, the Military intelligence (MI) in Al-Abbasiya unconditionally released two of the three detainees but kept the third person under detention without giving any reason. The released are;
- Hamid Ibrahim Taweer, 73 years old, retired civil servant.
- Ibrahim Adam Kalaka, 52 years old, engineer.
The person still under detention is; Muamar Elsaeed Agoumy, 37 years old, self-employed. He is a brother of Adam Agoumey[i] who was sentenced to death. Muamar is now allowed to be visited and his brother visited him.
According to interrogation, the MI accused the three for having attacked Belo’s house. The case is not clear since the house owner did not report to police, the people were detained for more than two weeks and MI is still detaining the third person.
- For immediate unconditional release of Muamar Elsaeed Agoumy
- The MI to stop targeting civilians.
- The ministry of justice to conduct investigation about the arrest of the three civilians by MI in Al-Abbasiya and make the findings public and try those responsible of their arrest.
For further information on the subject, please write to:
[i] To inform more about Adam’s case, please visit HUDO Annual report 2015
The case fall under (2.0.1) Arbitrary arrest in South Kordufan